The "Great Florida Bug Hunt Contest" is a part of a week-long series of fun events, seminars and contests for scuba divers centered around Florida's annual two-day lobster mini-season . The contest begins at 12:01 midnight July 25 and runs through 5:00 PM July 27. Everyone has a chance to win something!
Great Florida Bug Hunt Categories & Prizes
- Biggest 12 Bugs Caught By A Buddy Team on opening day (all dive buddies must register) $1,000
- Biggest Bug Caught Off A Boat (private or commercial): $400 Second Place:$100
- Biggest Lobster Caught Off Aqua View 6:00 AM Trip Wednesday..... Wrist Computer $400 (Book Now)
- Biggest Lobster Caught Off Black Pearl 6:00 AM Trip Wednesday.... Wrist Computer $400 (Book Now)
- Biggest Bug Caught Off The Beach: $400 Second Place: $100
- Biggest Lobster Caught On Tuesday Midnight Beach Dive off LBTS. Dive Regulator $500
- Prettiest Lobster Caught By A Woman Diver $100 (tiebreaker is the lobster's weight).
Divers will receive a raffle ticket for every lobster caught. So even if you don't catch the biggest lobster, you could still go home with a new regulator, BC, mask, wet suit or other great prizes!
Click Contest Rules
Click Register Now
Make sure you come join ScubaNation TV hosts Billy 'C' and Mitch for a fun lobster mini-season kickoff party at Village Grill LTBS. The fun at BugFest begins before you even get wet. Every diver who registers that night for the Great Florida Bug Hunt ($20 registration fee) will get a raffle ticket for the prizes Thursday night!
For a list of other events go to www.lbtsevents.com/bugfest-by-the-sea